Sunday, October 26, 2008

American Eagle

I looked in the fridge
But nothing was there
I searched high and low
But the cupboard was bare
I thought to myself
“Man, do I need some food”
But what could I do
I was an unemployed dude
With no income at all
I didn’t have money
To purchase some bread
Or jam or some honey
While mourning my plight
I noticed a bird
Outside of my window
Was acting absurd
It sat on the sill
It seemed very tame
When all of a sudden
The bird did proclaim

“That jacket is unbecoming for someone with your build.”

I stared in amazement
Wond’ring if I just heard
A fashion critique
From the beak of a bird
“What did you just say?”
I finally inquired
“I just woke up and
Am still pretty tired”
The bird looked annoyed
And didn’t repeat
His previous phrase
Then beat a hasty retreat
I watched as he left
And let out a long sigh
Not only was I poor
I was a fashionless guy

No comments: